Chimney repair and maintenance
Once a chimney fire has been extinguished, homeowners can form an opinion that all is well. It is of the utmost importance that your chimney is checked to insure that the flue lining has not been damaged or compromised.
Following a chimney fire, an Action Chimneys survey will provide you with a full assessment of your chimney's condition and will recommend a course of remedial action should an issue be identified during the inspection. The survey report will include both a written description and a link to a video from where you can see any damage identified.
What else can we offer you?
In addition to chimney relining and repair we also offer the following services:
- Removal and replacement of chimney stack and the subsequent making good of the roof.
- Design and relocation of chimney breast.
- Enlargement of fire opening.
- Chimney smoke test
- Stove fitting. OPTFEC registered and certified
- Fitting of wall vents for proper room ventilation
- The replacement of the chimney capping.
- Repair or replacement of the lead flashing that provides a seal between the chimney and the roof surface. Failure or cracking of the lead can allow water inside the property.
- The fitting of smoke cowls which can enhance the draw obtained from the chimney.
- The re-pointing of brick chimneys.
- Restoration of old chimneys and brickwork.
Our construction team includes qualified bricklayers, plasterers and scaffolding erectors. Repairs to the masonry and plaster-work will be undertaken by a qualified person ensuring a seamless finish to your walls. Under no circumstance should any homeowner allow any work to be undertaken on their premises without first verifying that those providing the service carry full public liability insurance. All Action Chimney personnel are fully covered by our company's insurers.